Monday, August 07, 2006

One Day I'll Learn...

...to keep my mouth shut. No sooner than I post about how well I'm doing than the next day, everything goes to pot. Well, maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit, but still. Anyway, I've got an incision on my left groin from where they took some vein out to repair my aorta with. Yesterday I noticed that it looked a little bruised at the end of it and then today I get out of the shower and it's bleeding. So I got on the bed and held some pressure to it and once we got it stopped we put a band-aid on. I was scheduled to get my blood checked today, so I went early and asked the nurse when she was drawing me. They asked me to come back in a little later to let Dr. Kerr look at it.

So I went back to the doctors latter this morning. Turns out my blood pressure and heart rate were a little too low for Doc's tastes and he wants to back off on my beta blocker. He said that the problem with my leg wasn't a big deal, that the area is high-stress from the movement the leg makes and that the skin is thin there anyway. He said it should close up in a day or two and just to keep some bactoban on it and keep it dressed.

So after no real news, I've had a fairly exciting day. My INR (blood thinness measure) was lower today so that was the one bit of good news for the day. Now if we can just keep it steady, we'll be doing good.

Hopefully this leg thing is minor and it'll just heal up and we won't have any other problems. I really think that the dog may have stepped on me while she was in my lap or while we were sleeping or something. That's the only thing that I can think of that would cause something that looks like this. But that's besides the point.

So there you have it, two posts in two days. That hasn't happened in a while. Hope you enjoyed them.

--Paul

No comments: