Thursday, August 10, 2006

Just When You Think You're Through With the Sticky Pads...

...they go and stick more on ya'.

Went back to Dr. Kerr today. The leg's doing better. He's mainly worried about it getting infected so he's pumping me full of antibiotics. My INR was a little higher today so we didn't change the dosage on my coumadin. Hopefully now we can get down to once/week with checking it and I'll catch a break on getting stuck.

The only other news is that when I went in Monday, my blood pressure and heart rate were a little low. We went to taking the beta-blocker once/day instead of twice and after talking to Dr. Mayer, they decided to put me on a 24-hour monitor to see how I'm doing. So I get to walk around with a new accessory until 11:20 tomorrow. I'm sure all the ladies will be jealous. Anyway, if my heart-rate is still too low, they're going to take me off of the meds and if it's fine, we're going to stick to once/day and if it's too high, then we go back to twice/day. No big deal, it's just a little annoying to have to wear this thing.

So it's been an interesting week thus far. All this plus school started this past Monday. It's been a long time since we've had this many updates in a week. I don't know that that's necessarily a good thing but that's the way it goes sometimes, huh?

--Paul

No comments: